Wednesday, 30 November 2011

BLOG #55 - GOLDEN LION, OSMOTHERLEY, NORTH YORK MOORS

"I am always sorry when any language is lost, because languages are the pedigree of nations"
Dr. Samuel Johnson (1709-1784)

OMG – I don’t do txt-speak!


SMS language or textese is damaging the written form of our cherished language believe you and me. It’s irritating beyond measure and encourages a sloppy written English form that is devoid of or at least lacking correct grammar and punctuation.

Its creepage is not confined to text messaging either. Children are adopting textease in their written work at school. I came across a request from someone (a very senior someone), who should know better, that had written – “Let me see the results B4 you send them to...” on a personal file. Beggar’s belief!

PMSL!




Golden Lion
6 West End
OSMOTHERLEY
North Yorkshire
DL6 3AA
Tel: 01609 883526


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.