Saturday, 25 June 2011

BLOG #16 – POPPY AND PINT, LADY BAY, NOTTINGHAM

I have taken more out of alcohol than alcohol has taken out of me” ~ Sir Winston Leonard Spencer-Churchill MP, (30 November 1874 – 24 January 1965).


I’ll drink to that, Winnie! Man after my own heart, that lad!


If it wasn’t for Churchill’s statesmanship, coupled with a steadfast refusal to consider defeat, surrender or a compromise peace during WWII – we’d all be wearing squeaky lederhosen, calling each other "Hans" and eating pickled cabbage for tea! So think on; if it's good enough for Winnie, it's good enough for me!



Interesting fact – Madison Square Garden in NYC – is neither square nor is it a garden.









Poppy and Pint
Pierrepont Road
Lady Bay
NOTTINGHAM NG2 5DX
Tel: ( 0115 ) 981 9995



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.