Sunday, 24 April 2011

BLOG #8 – KEAN’S HEAD, NOTTINGHAM

The Kean's Head is a quiet oasis in the heart of a bustling city. Perfect place for a sit down, pint and a pause for thought.


Like a great many people up and down the country, I recently submitted my application to the lottery that is the London Olympic Games 2012 on-line ticket application process. Wish me luck!


Selecting the events to attend was a fairly painless exercise. The usual candidates stand out – athletics, cycling, boxing and gymnastics. But it is the less prosaic sports which capture your imagination. Beach volleyball – men and womens, handball, rhythmic gymnastics and synchronised swimming. Synchronised swimming? – if one synchronised swimmer gets into trouble and drowns, are the other team members expected to follow suit? Team spirit and dedication in the extreme that would be - can't see it happening though!

Whether these sports should be part of the Olympic Games format – I don’t know - some of the sports seem a bit bizarre to me. I don't doubt the skill or effort required; but I for one would sooner watch grass grow than spend an afternoon as a spectator to any of the above...


Kean's Head
46 St Mary’s Gate
Lace Market
NOTTINGHAM NG1 1QA

















    

1 comment:

  1. One ticket! For the football at City of Coventry Stadium...29th July...always the telly I suppose!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.